Improve trading system (similar to PlayCatan)
Full requirements and images:
Example flow video:
17:55 to 18:25
tl;dr: Make the trading system similar to PlayCatan:
1. Every player can offer trades to the active player. Even when the active player did not initiate. Players trade offer is displayed next to the player.
2. Both players have to click accept. All players see who has accepted a trade.
3. You can propose a trade that has nothing on the other side - indicating that the other player could counter-offer something similar.
4. Multiple decline buttons for easier communication. If everyone says 0, no point in offering trades etc.
5. Trading with bank does not interfere with trading with players - separate bank trade button.
Image: Some other UI changes displayed too: moved chat and log to pop-up window, roll history. Players displayed around the board - makes it more intuitive than a top-down display.
Very important. Especially point 1 and 5.
Agreed this is very important.
I agree, I really miss the '0' button from PlayCatan, which indicated 'I have none of this resource'. Declining a trade doesn't move things along in all cases. That extra option can either be 'I have none of this resource' or 'I am absolutely not trading with you this round, move on'
This would be very nice option.
1, 3 and 5 are huge in my opinion. Check this out. Right now you can't counter offer if you don't have the type of the resource requested by the active player. Catan is originally a board game. How is it possible you can't make an offer to an active player sitting right next to you?
"Blank" offers are essential. That's the same as you say to an active player: "Hey! I have brick, do you want to trade it for anything you have?".
Trading with a bank is sometimes too confusing. I've heard a lot of complaints from other players and recently personally experienced that issue. I had a monopoly card and I wanted to offer 3 ore cards for 1 brick card, I expected to get my ore back after the trade, but traded with the bank instead. Without separating regular trades and bank trades players have limited options in certain situations. Technically it's possible to pay more attention just to avoid unnecessary bank trading, but it would be better to see those two types separated as the game option.
still a huge issue. Trading is super annoying since you can only make a counter-offer if you have the resource originally requested.
I have an idea: add a card marked with question mark, it represent any type and any number of card. It's really convenient when u don't know which or how many card to give or get. And it can combine with other physical cards that ur sure about. Of course it should prevent same type card trading according to the rule.