Colonist.io Player Suggestions
We can know which card which player has with it. Don't stop us from trading wrongly.
It would be nice to be able to make and decline private offers at any time. Private meaning 1 to 1 or 1 to 2, or 1 to however many you want to make the offer to. When a private offer is made, have the ability to respond to it or on your next turn make it into a real trade with one click.
This makes is easy to prevent wasted monopolies. Needs to be removed
the only problem with removing it is people will spend the whole turn trying to trade for something they can't getso if there is a way for other players to say i don't have any wheat (for example)then everyone can say i don't have any wheat individuallybut it should also be possible to lie
yes, the bluffing aspect is indeed fun. even though someone can just check the round history in chat, it's like keeping track of opponents tiles in Majong or suites in Hearts. in PlayCatan they had a set of text responses, some of which were hilarious. "I want more."
Trading bugs!=============(1) When you make a trade offer, it shouldn't tell you if no-one has that card. This is giving away privileged information. The trade-offering player can gather intelligence like this before playing a monopoly card.(2) When someone makes a trade offer to you, and you don't have that card, you should still get a trade offer, if the trade-offering player offered it to you. The host does not know you don't have that card.(3) Right now, because you don't have a card,
(3) Right now, because you don't have a card, you don't get trade offers when that card is requested. This is bad because (a) you can't bluff that you have the card and (b) you have no possibility now to offer a counter-offer.
(4) When playing with "do not show number of cards in bank" there are question marks "???" instead of the cards. however when there are less cards, it shows "??" or "?". I understand you wanted to model this after the physical game, where you see the thickness of the deck, but it's duplicating an unfortunate unavoidable consequence or 'bug' of the physical world, that can be avoided when playing online. So I think the standard should be the questions marks, and an option to hide completely.
(5) When fixing the trade bugs, please make it that each counter-offer can be edited as well.(6) Also make it that I can offer cards I don't have. This is something you can do in reality to throw away an opponent who you think has monololy. Basically everything should be possible when trading, but handshaking (accepting) the trade should only be possible if the players have the cards.
I agree with everything Eyal says except I think the ?/??/??? system is fine. What are the thresholds for going from ??? to ?? or ?? to ?
Indeed, this feature just feels so wrong.
0 / 500
* Your name will be publicly visible
* Your email will be visible only to moderators
When submitting your email with a suggestion, here's our policy on what we do with the email.
We use your email to
Your email is never displayed to other users. Colonist.io staff will be able to see your email address.
We’ll email you when the status of the suggestion changes. You can unsubscribe at any time with a single click.
* Comments and upvotes from this suggestion will be moved to another suggestion.
You cannot undo changes once they're done.
Edit the selected suggestion and create a new one.
Comments and upvotes will also be moved.